You definitely need a cannabis-specific POS at your dispensary. Find the most frequently asked tech questions here.
+ HOW DO I MANAGE STATE COMPLIANCE USING MY POINT-OF-SALE?
CannaCtrl provides complete seed-to-sale tracking functionality and has a number of built-in features designed to help you automatically comply with the legal regulations in California. For example, the CannaCtrl POS system automatically monitors:
- Customer Identification Requirements – Laws require a mandatory electronic age verification system at every Point-of-Sale location (even for delivery drivers). CannaCtrl provides built-in ID-scanning technology so that Customer IDs are easily scanned and recorded. This eliminates potential sales to minors or other individuals lacking medical documentation.
- Purchase Limits – The POS system automatically calculates the correct THC amounts for all products, including concentrates and edibles. By relieving your staff of this complex task, the POS prevents mistakes in calculation and allows your budtenders to focus on customer service—and not on mathematical conversions. The system also enforces purchase limits by alerting staff when a limit has been reached and preventing budtenders from executing a sale that would place you over the legal limit.
- Hours of Operation – The system can be easily configured to comply with local laws. Once the operational hours are set up, the POS will not allow sales to be executed outside the legal hours of operation, preventing potential violations before they occur.
- Accurate Real-Time Reporting – Operational visibility is also very important for your team. CannCtrl generates management reports in real time. These reports can be easily distributed across the organization to ensure the correct data is in the hands of the correct personnel.
- Fully Compliant Receipts – CannaCtrl enables delivery services to easily generate the mandatory delivery reciepts DIGITALLY to save you the headcahe and costs traditional paper reciepts
+ WHAT HAPPENS IF MY INTERNET CONNECTION GOES DOWN AND MY DISPENSARY IS SLAMMED WITH CUSTOMERS?
To ensure that you always maintain an expedient transaction pace and keep lines moving, CannaCtrl comes with a built-in offline sales processing mode that enables continuous access to critical functions even when your Wi-Fi or internet connection is unavailable. Once connectivity is restored, all transactions performed in offline mode are synchronized with the state’s reporting system, data is backed up, and reports and inventory records are adjusted accordingly.
+ HOW DO I MAKE SURE I SUBMIT TIMELY AND ACCURATE TAXES EACH MONTH TO THE GOVERNMENT?
By choosing a POS system with built-in tax reporting functionality, you’ll always know exactly how much tax you need to pay.
+ WHY IS IT IMPORTANT TO HAVE A MARIJUANA-SPECIFIC POS VS. A RETAIL OR PHARMACY POS?
There are several reasons why a cannabis-specific POS is ideal for your operation—but the most important one is compliance management. Because traditional retail operations and pharmacies don’t have the same government-mandated compliance requirements, their POS systems aren’t built to manage the complexities involved with track and trace reporting and the other aspects of state compliance.
+ WHAT HAPPENS IF THE STATE REGULATIONS CHANGE? HOW DOES CANNACTRL STAY ON TOP OF THIS?
With the industry still in its infancy, regulations are bound to change. The CannaCtrl team keeps up with industry-wide and state-specific changes so that our developers can quickly made necessary software updates—and so you never have to worry about remaining compliant with the latest regulations.
+ IS CANNACTRL INTEGRATED WITH METRC?
Currently, Metrc is not yet live in California since the state's regulations have not yet been officially adopted. However, CannaCtrl is working closely with Metrc and has already begun the process of integration, and we plan to be ready when the state is ready to go live.
+ I HAVE A HIGH-TRAFFIC STORE. CAN CANNACTRL SUPPORT ME AND HANDLE MY VOLUME?
Absolutely! CannaCtrl is built on technology that has the ability to dynamically scale with your needs. We've provided support for the High Times Cannabis Cups and processed over 10,000 patients per weekend for all of their events in 2017. Our system has been stress tested even in areas with low wifi or cellular service.
+ DO I HAVE TO FOLLOW CA COMPLIANCE EVEN IF IT IS NOT IN EFFECT? WILL THE POS STILL PROCESS SALES?
Although technically you are not mandated to comply with the new law and regulations until July, it’s a good idea to implement a compliant POS now so you don’t have to switch later. CannaCtrl is offerring free services to retailers for a limitd time.